Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie RecipeNovember 1, 2017
Christmas Gifts for your Soul SisterDecember 18, 2017
I LOVE curries and Asian flavours when I’m cooking in the kitchen! Not only do I think that they are super delicious but I know that the herbs and spices used to cook some of these culinary delights are so beneficial for our digestive system, our immune system and just our health in general that there’s no darn reason not to enjoy.
With the cold weather finally setting in and cold and flu season is upon us, I grabbed my Vitamix
and whipped up a warm, healing and immune boosting soup. It has just the right balance of flavour and freshness that it tastes so light, it can be enjoyed all year around too.
Basil & Lemongrass Soup Recipe
2 cups vegetable stock
1/3 cup coconut milk
½ green capsicum
1 can green peas 8oz
1-2 spring onions (shallots)
2 cloves garlic
knob of ginger (1 inch)
1 green chile
1 stalk lemongrass
10 leaves fresh basil
5-6 leaves fresh mint
1 cup baby spinach
juice from 1 lime
1 cup cashews
salt & pepper
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 3-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve hot!
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onions, basil and mint and some cracked pepper – it’s delicious!
For more Recipe Inspiration head on over and visit my good friends at Raw Blend. We want to see your recipe creations at home! So make sure you tag us on Instagram @thesoulsistersus #thesoulsisters