The Big BrekkySeptember 7, 2017
Eat. Sleep. Play.September 25, 2017
There are few things that define ‘'a perfect night in” like a glass of red wine and some delicious chocolate with your girlfriends. These two always seem to be even more delicious when enjoyed together and both have some pretty bomb health benefits. As if we needed a reason…but okay!
So why do we love red wine? And when I say ”we” I mean me. Most of you know that Paige doesn’t do alcohol but she sure does appreciate the fragrant aromas coming from my glass of vino while she indulges in some vegan chocolate bark. Red wine is packed with good for you ingredients that make it beautifully healthful (when consumed responsibly, of course!) including:
To go with the red wine (or a glass of sparkling water if you prefer), for all you choco-holics out there, I have a delicious chocolate bark recipe made with superfood ingredients. I know, right?
Raw Cacao powder is seriously amazing!
Raw organic cacao powder has 40 times more antioxidants than blueberries
Raw Cacao is one of the highest plant-based sources of iron
Raw Cacao is high in magnesium, an important healthy-heart element that helps turn glucose into energy plus it’s a natural muscle relaxant
Now that’s just raw cacao—I am obsessed with the Alchemy Cacao Elixer
, which, along with the cacao has some other ingredients in the mix to enhance the benefits of this superfood experience:
Reishi mushrooms, Maca Powder, Mesquite, Rose & Coconut Nectar Crystals add benefits such as tonifying, anti-inflammatory, energy boosting, heart opening both physically and energetically. This beautiful blend will enhance your well-being, give your adrenals a little support and works as a vitality tonic. OMG!
Seriously what are you waiting for? Pop a cork and bliss out!
It’s Always Better When We’re Together Chocolate Bark Recipe
½ cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
½ cup goji berries
½ cup coconut flakes
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 stick Earth Balance Vegan Butter
2 Tbsp agave syrup
1/3 cup alchemy Cacao Elixer
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread macadamia nuts, goji berries and coconut flakes evenly across the top; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt coconut oil and vegan butter together.
- Remove from heat and whisk in agave syrup and Cacao Elixer until well blended.
- Pour chocolate mixture evenly over the base of macadamia nuts, goji berries and coconut flakes.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Remove chilled mixture, score with a sharp knife, then break apart with your hands.
- Pour yourself a glass of red and sit back, relax, unwind and enjoy with your bestie!
Is there something you and your bestie love to indulge in together? Tell us in the comments below or share your snaps with us on Instagram @thesoulsistersus #thesoulsisters