Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream RecipeSeptember 27, 2017
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie RecipeOctober 18, 2017
I was the girl who ate pancakes & waffles breakfast. I was a morning muffin gal … Let’s be honest, before I met Meeks I lived off gummy bears, sour worms, candy & caramel popcorn. A caramel latte with whipped cream, extra caramel drizzle and a blueberry muffin was how I started my day. I know! Wow.
So, when we overhauled our health (mind, body & soul) and decided to live off a predominately plant based diet (that’s a whole other blog), blueberry muffins didn’t make the cut. Now that our health is on the mend and we are feeling better than ever we are ready to re-introduce SIMILAR foods into our diets. Like the good besties we are, we did you all a solid and have come up with a delicious Vegan & Gluten-Free Protein HIT Blueberry Muffin recipe for all my sweet tooth girls … saaaayyy what? Yep.
CALLING ALL SWEETIES!
Consider switching your waffles and ice-cream for this delicious and kinda nutritious muffin! Now all of you dedicated foodies out there – don’t panic! I am not suggesting everyone eats these muffins EVERY morning for breakfast. It just may be a healthier alternative to your current routine at home or a great way to treat yourself on a Sunday after that Runyon Canyon Hike … #cheatday.
VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE PROTEIN HIT BLUEBERRY MUFFIN RECIPE
¾ cup gluten-free all purpose flour
¾ cup vegan protein powder (I use vanilla pea)
½ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut oil
¾ cup coconut milk
1 large banana, mashed
tsp vanilla essence
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Optional: Cinnamon Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl in the order listed above.
- In a separate bowl mash banana and add all wet ingredients together.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and mix together. Do not over mix, you want it to be a sticky, dough like consistency.
- Stir in the blueberries to the mixture.
- Lightly grease a muffin tray using coconut oil
- Take a Tbsp & scoop the mixture into each muffin hole. I was able to fill them almost to the top. If your muffin trays are slightly larger fill ½ – ¾ of the way up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar over the top, eat and repeat the sound mmmmm.
For more healthy living & Recipe Inspiration head on over and visit our good friends at Raw Blend. We want to see your recipe creations at home! So make sure you follow us on Instagram @thesoulsistersus #thesoulsisters