Eat with the SeasonsMarch 3, 2018
You Go Glen CocoMay 2, 2018
There is nothing dreamier than waking up on a sunny Sunday morning
, staying in your pjs past noon and whipping up some delicious pancakes.
One of my favorite memories as a little girl is making pancakes with my mama and my three little brothers. We weren't t a well off family, it was just my mom and us four kids, but she always managed to make things fun and special for us. Pancakes were the biggest treat!
We never made them from scratch, we had this shake and pour bottle. It was a container with all the dry ingredients and all you had to do was add water up to the little marked line on the bottle. Then you would shake the bottle until it was all mixed together. My brothers and I used to argue over who got to shake the bottle. Eventually taking turns - shaking the mix was always the best bit. Then we would sit on the kitchen counter or stand on a chair. All of us watching the pan intently. Waiting for the perfect moment to flip the pancake. The pancake would start to bubble and then we would flip it over to reveal the golden brown goodness on the other side. The smell of pancakes always reminds me of this.
These days I don't get to eat pancakes very often but when I do they are thoroughly enjoyed. Although, pancakes look a little different in my home these days. Eating a predominately plant based diet and gluten free means traditions have changed a little. One thing that hasn't changed is that the pancakes I do make are still delicious. This recipe is vegan, gluten free and the perfect way for you to indulge on cheat day - really without even cheating!
2 flax eggs
3 scoops of vanilla protein (or whatever your favorite protein powder is)
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Put both bananas into your blender and blend on low until mixed together but not completely smooth. If you don't have a blender you could always mash it up really well with a fork.
- Add the flax eggs, protein powder, and cinnamon and mix together until smooth.
- Heat a pan on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Add some coconut oil to the pan to lightly grease, and then add your batter, wait for the pancake to begin to bubble and start flipping.
- Top with your favorite fruit, like blueberries & strawberries. Then top with maple syrup and enjoy!
If you feel like really treating yourself, you could whip up some home made vanilla bean ice cream
in your Vitamix
to go with these bad boys.