You Go Glen CocoMay 2, 2018
HERBALICIOUS – DIY Indoor Herb GardenJuly 25, 2018
Whether it be the exterior or the interior of your home, statement doors are the perfect addition to give you that unique, grand entrance. Whatever you choose - bright bold colors, beautiful solid wood or carefully crafted iron, you can take your doors from drab to fab.
The only down side is that while statement doors can have a big impact to the eye they can also have quite the impact on your pocket. Yep, sadly statement pieces usually cost you a pretty penny. But they don’t have to. Drumroll please …
A fan of the faux I have come up with an awesome and easy way to upgrade those doors without taking on a second mortgage for your home.
DIY Faux Palace Doors
You Will Need
Matte interior paint
Faux plaster ceiling medallions
Bronze spray paint
- Measure your existing closet doors. This will determine what size medallion you will need. My doors are 30” wide, so I chose a 24” medallion which leaves 3” from the medallion to the edge of the doors.
- Paint your doors the color of your choosing (turquoise for me!). If you can take them off and lay them on a flat surface, that would be easiest. But if they are hung and you don’t want to bother taking them off, you are welcome to paint them in place.
- Set aside to dry.
- Spray paint your medallions bronze in a well-ventilated area. Set aside to dry.
- Measure and mark the horizontal center of your door.
- Install your dummy door knob in that center that you determined. Make the height of the door knobs whatever feels comfortable to you. Standard is between 34” – 48”.
- Using hot glue on the back of your medallion, put it over the door knob and push it into place. Hold until dry. This should automatically be centered on your door because of the placement of your door knob.
- Using a rag, lightly rub gold over the decorative parts of your medallion (the parts that stick out from the background).
- That’s it! Enjoy your new, fun, VERY fancy closet doors!
What do you think about statement doors? Are they something you would upgrade into your home? We want to see you make an entrance with statement doors at home so share your DIYs Instagram @thesoulsistersus #thesoulsisters