It’s Always Better When We’re TogetherSeptember 20, 2017
You’ve heard it over and over again. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you know what … they ain’t makin’ it up.
Starting your day right means starting it with a breakfast that provides the sustenance and energy you need for the many, many, many hours ahead. Breakfast gives your body power, your brain power and YOU super powers (well, that one I’m not entirely sure on) but you will feel like you have super powers because you will have had the best breakfast ever!
Your breakfast should be high in fiber, pumping with protein and overflowing with nutrition. We like to blend our breakfast most days, especially because we are always on the go. Blending is a great way to jam in all the nutrition, is much easier to take on the road with you than a plate of bacon and eggs and will leave you with zero excuses that you don’t have time to “eat.”
Our Passion For You Breakfast Smoothie Recipe is the perfect start to your day The Soul Sister way.
Passion For You Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
coconut water and flesh from x1 fresh coconut, a few shreds reserved for serving
1 orange and pith (peel removed)
4 passion fruits, a few pieces reserved for serving
2 tablespoons vanilla Pea Protein powder
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup ice
dried pomegranate seeds or almonds for serving
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container or a high powered blender in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Set to speed 1; turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use the tamper function really well to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Blend for 45 to 60 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve (see instructions below).
- Top with shredded coconut, fresh passion fruit and some dried pomegranate seeds or almonds.
If you have a sweet tooth, drizzle the inside of smoothie jars with Raw Honey like I do for Paige and myself. It gives it a nice and unexpected burst of sweetness and a little texture as you sip away!
Share this post with your bestie and inspire them to start their day in a healthy and beautiful way. We want to see your delicious recipes on Instagram so make sure you follow @TheSoulSistersUS and #TheSoulSisters