Galentine Gift GuideFebruary 1, 2018
Trash to TreasureFebruary 21, 2018
Valentine's Day is officially less than a week away and as you know we believe that it's not only a day to celebrate your significant other – sometime’s those most significant to you are the friendships that you cultivate over the years, aka YOUR BESTIE!
Last week we shared with you our Soul Sisters Gift Guide to help you get your bestie something she will truly LOVE. But we also know that sometime's the gifts that mean the most are those that are handmade, with love, by you! So today on Home & Family
I decided to make a very literal gift to show your best gal pals how much you appreciate and love them.
Ameka, aka Meeks
and I, have been friends for almost 10 years. We met through our hubbies who have also been best friends, since they were 10 years old. It feels like it was just meant to be, right? Meeks and I have been there for each other through many trials and trumps in our lives. The big milestones in life as well as those little moments when a song on the radio might make you cry or you might be laughing with each other as your trip over your heels in the parking lot. It's the little things that make up the big things in life and it's so important to have someone to help you through those. Meeks is quite literally my rock – Which inspired this DIY.
I think all women can relate that are things you tell your best friends that no body else knows ... including our husbands (sorry boys). That bond of knowing one another - their good and bad and secrets - and trusting that person with your secrets creates a bond that is unbreakable.
This photo is so special to me and so symbolic. It was taken in Sedona, AZ when Meeks and I set out on a spiritual journey. It came at a time in my life of crossroads and many transitions and up hill battles. We quite literally climbed this mountain that really pushed our own limits and what we thought we could accomplish. Sometime's all you need is someone to climb that mountain with you and give you are helping hand when it gets tough. We made it to the top of the rock. And we are quite literally each others rocks. I love that overtime I look at this photo it reminds me of this.
Through the twists and turns of life, knowing that you have your bestie there to support you can mean everything. This photo was taken on the day of Meeks' wedding. Trevi is my other best friend and both her and I were bridesmaids for Ameka & Scotts wedding. This photo shows the pure and joy and love that we have for each other. Holding one another through life's exciting moments occasions, taking leaps into new phases of life - whatever it is we have each other's back.
DIY "You are my Rock" Bracelet
Small Gift Box
Colored Card Stock
Pen or Printer
- Thread leather through jump rings that are connected to both sides of stone.
- Wrap leather around wrists to determine desired length. Cut leather to desired length.
- Attach clamp clasps on each end end of leather using pliers.
- On one end of clamp clasp attach a clasp using a jump ring.
- On other end attach a jump ring.
- Attach jump ring to predrilled hole at the top of stone.
- Attach an additional jump ring to the jump ring attached to the stone.
- Thread chain through jump 2nd jump ring.
- Attach clasp to one end of chain using a jump ring.
Directions for Gift
- Trace shape of box onto colored card stock.
- Cut shape out using scissors. Make sure to cut a little smaller than box.
- Using a pen or printer write out “You’re my Rock”.
- Using scissor make two slits on outer sides.
- Place bracelet into slits so the rock sits in the middle.
Who is the ROCK in your life? We want to know! Share with us your pics of you and your besties on Instagram @thesoulsistersus #thesoulsisters If you missed the episode or want to see it in action then check it out here.